College and Career

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Students in a classroom.

Students with questions or needing help with scholarships or looking into colleges and their requirements should talk with me, Counselor Rosetta. My office is located in the High School wing. Questions can also be asked through my email

Title I

Title I, Part A is a federal program designed “To provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education, and to close educational achievement gaps.” Title I, Part A can support early learning and

Kindergarten to grade 12. Title I, Part A programs and services provide customized instruction and curricula that helps these students meet academic standards and take an active, engaged interest in what they learn and can do.

For more information contact Patti Larriva, (360) 276-4780

Additional resources:

OSPI Title I website:

US Department of Education

Learning Assistance Program (LAP)

LAP offers supplemental services for K–12 students scoring below grade-level standard in English language arts (ELA) and mathematics. These services focus on accelerating student growth to make progress towards grade level.

They may include academic readiness skill development or behavior supports. These services address barriers preventing students from accessing core instruction. The intent is for LAP students to increase academic growth during the period of time they are provided services. LAP emphasizes research-based best practices designed to increase student achievement.

For more information contact, Patti Larriva (360) 276-4780

Additional resources:



The Taholah School District supports the McKinney-Vento Education of Homeless Children and Youth Assistance Act. This assistance act provides students who are identified as homeless with certain support services to assist them with their educational success.

Defining Homeless

The McKinney-Vento Act defines homeless children as “individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.” The act provides examples of children who would fall under this definition:

  • Children and youth sharing housing due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason
  • Children and youth living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or campgrounds due to lack of alternative accommodations
  • Children and youth living in emergency or transitional shelters
  • Children and youth abandoned in hospitals
  • Children and youth whose primary nighttime residence is not ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation (e.g. park benches, etc)
  • Children and youth living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations
  • Migratory children and youth living in any of the above situations

Students who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate night-time residence may qualify for services that support their education during times of transition such as:

  • free breakfast/lunch,
  • assistance obtaining missing enrollment records (birth certificate, immunization/medical records),
  • arranging transportation,
  • assistance purchasing school supplies and/or clothing.

For more assistance or more information, please contact (360) 276-4780


Having trouble viewing the document? Click here


Having trouble viewing the document? Click here


Having trouble viewing the document? Click here


Having trouble viewing the document? Click here


Having trouble viewing the document? Click here